Thursday, 21 March 2013

Project Club - March 2013 ≈ Relax ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I wanted to make a card with my PanPastels but wasn't sure what to do, so just started by having a look through my stamp stash, I found the 'Tall Grass' (ref: 0704039a) stamp and thought of the 'and relax...' stamp.  I then found a stamp with short grass on it, I think it was from the 'My Favourite Fountain' stamp set, there's lots of really useful small stamps in that set (ref: 2400022a).  The birds are from the December Project Club - Out at Sea ref: 2300039a.  I stamping the birds and teapot and cup using VersaFine - Onyx Black and straight over the top of it stamped the grass and the tall grass using Big & Juicy - Waterfall ink (green end lol) before heat embossing with detail clear embossing powder.  I used my PanPastels to colour the teapot and cup and ProMarkers to colour the tall grass before cutting out.  To get the rectangle in the middle of my white base card I first got a piece of scrap A5 paper and using a pencil drew a line diagonally down from both top corners crossing over in the middle of the paper.  I placed the cut out images in the middle and marked off how big I wanted the background, then using a ruler to make sure my corners were even before cutting out the aperture.  I used low tack tape to stick the paper over my base card and then used PanPastels to colour it in using green at the bottom and blue at the top with pinks and yellow in between.  Once I was happy with the colour I removed the paper and then used a paper towel to soften the edges of the rectangle.  I used a fine liner pen to add the border before stamping the text, which is a little on the slant and I could kick myself but, hey ho lol.  I gave the teapot and cup a little shape before attaching to the card with silicone glue. 

All stamps are from Dimension Stamps.  If you would like to join our project club for just £10 a month and also get discount on your purchases, then visit our website for more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment