Friday, 22 March 2013

Project Club - March 2013 ≈ Orange block ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

This card just sort of happened, it looks nothing like it did in my head lol.  I wanted to use up some of my odd shaped bits of stamping card so thought this kind of card would work.  I stamped the images on separate pieces of card using Memento - Tuxedo Black, I then tidied them up a bit, cutting them to some sort of size, then thought about what colours to use.  My gran had a brown teapot with a flower on so that just popped into my head.  I cut up the flower frame stamp ( I cut on the diagonal so I had two corner sections, then cut again so I had a long side section and a short flower piece) and used the flower for the middle of the teapot, then coloured in with ProMarkers.  I used an orange ProMarker to make a little border around the edge of each piece before matting onto some brown card.  I'd actually stamped another two pieces of text but didn't use them, because while trying to place them onto an A5 piece of scrap paper (at this point I didn't even know what colour base card to use) they wouldn't fit anywhere.  In the end I'd decided to stop stressing about it and straighten both the outside edges of the pieces and ignore the middle, just leaving it to do its own thing lol.  That's when I thought of the orange base card, once I'd attached all the pieces it wasn't quite right so using a Memento Pen added the stitched effect around each piece.
All stamps are from Dimension Stamps.  If you would like to join our project club for just £10 a month and also get discount on your purchases, then visit our website for more details.



No comments:

Post a Comment