Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Project Club - March 2013 ≈ Main Card ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

This month's project club from Dimension Stamps theme is Teatime, have you got your cuppa while reading this lol.  The pictures below are all sorts of different shades, it was a very bright day and the sun kept going behind the clouds so my photos ended up all over the place, tut.  I'm not complaining though it's better than all this snow we have at the moment.

This is this month's finished card.
Cut out all your card as per instruction sheet.  Stamp the cup and saucer onto a sticky note and cut out, you may need to use your craft knife to cut out the handle section.
Now we need to stamp the cup and saucer panel along the bottom of the card.  I first used a piece of scrap paper and stamped the cup and saucer in a line using Memento - Tuxedo Black, then measured out the length I needed.  Now I had a visual aid so I could stamp along my 13.5cm piece of white card.  You can use the Memento ink on this piece of card or use VersaFine - Onyx Black and heat emboss using detail clear embossing powder.  I used the VersaFine but I made sure that I didn't press the sticky note mask over the previously stamped  cup and saucer as it would have soaked up the ink and I wouldn't have been able to emboss properly.  If you use Memento ink you will not have this problem.  Colour the cup and saucer panel, then matt onto blue card.
Onto the 12cm square piece of white card use black (Memento or VersaFine) ink, stamp the happy birthday, teapot and cup and the 'and relax...' stamp as shown in this next picture.  I actually used the Stampressive to stamp this main image.  Heat emboss if required.
Using the flower frame stamp and blue ink (I used Memento - Bahama Blue) stamp part of the border to frame the text in both corners.  Colour in the flowers and the tea from the spout.  I used a light blue ProMarker to colour just the inside edge of the teapot, cup, the flowers and all of the cup handle, just because my cutting out isn't perfect, by colouring on the inside edge if I mess up any of the cut lines it can be disguised.
Onto the spotty paper stamp the teapot and cup using Memento black ink, make sure you leave enough room to stamp the flowers from the frame stamp in blue ink.  Cut out all four of the flowers.
Cut out the two pieces of the cup, the teapot and lid. When cutting out these pieces of paper try and cut on the inside edge of the image so no extra bits of black ink is showing once the pieces have been glued into place because you will be covering up the embossed edges.  You may need to use your craft knife to cut out the teapot middle+handle section. 
Use clear drying PVA glue to attach the teapot, cup and the flowers onto the main image.  Once dry I used the light blue ProMarker to add a little colour to the inside edges of the teapot and cup, then used a light grey ProMarker to add a shadow to the outside edge of the images.  Matt onto the blue card.  Fix both pieces of matted card to the white base card using double sided tape, see main picture above.

If you would like to join the Dimension Stamps project club visit 
the www.dimensionstamps.com website for more details.

Happy crafting, Jackie J



No comments:

Post a Comment