Friday, 1 March 2013

Brooches

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I was watching the Celebrity Apprentice USA and Sharon Osborne has a brooch on which just caught my eye, it was a flower head with some glitter on, just a rounded flower, but really did stand out.  So I used the smallest flower head from the 'Petal Passion' stamp set ref: 2400065a and the flourish is from the 'Swirl Flourish' stamp ref: 0606023a.  My daughter saw me making them and wanted one but not a flower, so after having a rummage through my stamps I found the star from the 'Letter Frames' I got with the 'Lowercase Plain Alpha' ref: 2400060a I again used the flourish.  I stamped the flower head and the star with VersaFine - Onyx Black, then using the same ink stamped the flourish over the top of them before heat embossing using detail clear embossing powder.  The white flowers heads were just glittered using a Quickie Glue pen, the orange star was coloured first with an orange ProMarker before adding the orange glitter again with the Quickie Glue pen.  I tried a bit of the orange glitter on some scrap card before doing the star just to test it to see if the white background card showed through and it did.  To seal the brooches I first sprayed the back with Spray and Shine from Crafter's Companion, then when completely dry used it on the front.  To finish I attached the brooch back using silicone glue.
All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps 


No comments:

Post a Comment