Friday, 11 January 2013

Project Club - January 2013 ≈ Gingerbread House ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I had this card in my head but didn't know how it would turn out, so decided to make the bits up and worry about the base card later.  So to start with I used the recipe stamp to make two borders using the Color Box Pigment inks - Jelly Beans, I used three of the inks on the stamp and heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder, I matted this border onto some red card and used a deckle edged cutting blade in my paper trimmer to cut around the edge.  I stamped the gingerbread house using VersaFine - Smokey Gray and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder, I then used the Spellbinders - Postage Stamp die, while the card was still in the die I masked off the house and used the Big and Juicy - Waterfall ink to lightly add the sky and the grass.  I coloured in with Pro/Flex Markers before matting onto the red card.  I wanted to make a stepper card, luckily when I placed the finished elements along the A4 card they fit spot on, how jammy is that lol.  I marked and cut out the required sides onto an orange card I wanted to use for the base card, but I also had to distress the edges to disguise the fact that the score lines frayed a little bit when I folded it, tut J  You would never have known if I hadn't have said lol.  The flowers along the bottom of the card are from a Cheery Lynn die, I just cut off the excess once the glue had dried, and to finish off I added some of the mini gems from JJD Cards.
Thanks for looking J
All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps visit their website for the full range www.dimensionstamps.com


If you would like to join our project club for just £10 a month and also get discount on you purchases, then visit our website for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment