Monday, 14 January 2013

Project club - January 2013 ≈ Christmas ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I couldn't not do a Christmas card but I wanted it to be quite plain.  I stamped and heat embossed the corner design using VersaFine - Onyx Black and detail clear embossing powder, I then did the same with the 'Merry Christmas' ref: 0301003a and the candy canes.  At this point I wasn't sure what colours to use, but red is a definite Christmas colour so decided to do the border next.  I marked out a 1cm border and attached some of the red high tack tape with the intension of adding some red glitter.  BUT, I'd used some ultra fine glitter and it didn't cover the tape properly, so what to do, I didn't want to bin the work I had already done, so in one of my drawers (I really do have lots of drawers lol) I found some foil, (I made doubly sure it wasn't my toner foil before using it) so rubbed that along the glittered border, well it actually looks like the glitter is in the foil, and turned out quite well, so I didn't have to bin it after all.  I used red for the base card.  This set the tone for the rest of the card, I used a quickie glue pen and added some glitter to various areas of the corner design and to finish off I used a red Sakura pen and the rest.  
All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps visit their website for the full range www.dimensionstamps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment