Saturday, 19 January 2013

Football Card

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

For this card I used the 'Football Fanatic' set of stamps ref: NC008 from Dimension Stamps.  The background top section has been embossed using a Spellbinders M-Bossabilities - So Trendy folder, and the bottom section has been made using a white card and a blue card with the Die-namics - Hexagons dies.  I stuck each hexagon onto a piece of base card and patched it together, once both top and bottom sections had been completed I stuck them together and added some ribbon from Ribbonbox before matting onto some dark blue textured card.  I used StazOn to stamp the boot onto some white shrink plastic, before shrinking them I used a blue Sakura Gelly Roll pen to colour them and added a hole for the ribbon using the largest hole on my Crop-A-Dile.  I used the Spellbinders circle dies to cut the white card for the football and for the dark blue matt.  I stamped the No. 1 and Dad text onto the white circle card using Memento - Tuxedo Black ink then masked the text before stamping the football over the top of it.  I coloured the football in using a ProMarker before matting onto the blue card.  I used foam tape to attach the football topper onto the card front, then used a 3mm white ribbon on the boots, using foam pads on the back of them before attaching.  I positioned the ribbon over the top of the blue card before attaching it all to the white base card.  To finish I used some Papermania - Dew Drops in the corners. 

If you look closely you will notice that the boots are actually different sizes, this is because I stamped the boot onto the shrink plastic in different places.  Let me explain, I'd stamped the boot a couple of duff times before I was happy with the outcome, so chose the two better images, BUT, one image was down the side of the shrink plastic sheet and the other one was along the bottom of the shrink plastic.  So this is why I think they shrank at different rates, I think I read somewhere that shrink plastic shrinks at 45% of the original size, but don't quote me on that, anyway next time I will stamp my images the same way just in case lol.
I would just like to thank my daughter's boyfriend for the help he gave me while making this card, I haven't a clue about anything football so I asked him to doodle on a scrap piece of paper that I'd stamped the football and the boot, so I could copy it.  Thank you Dale J

2 comments:

  1. This is a great card Jackie, I love the mini boots you've made, they look great.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete