Friday, 14 December 2012

Lime Corset

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps visit their website for the full range

I used black for my base card and wanted to put an aperture in the middle using the Spellbinder – Label Seventeen die, I did it but haven’t really been successful in getting a perfect inside because the outline of the die is always visible.  I only have a Cuttlebug so I’m a little restricted to the size of card I can put through it L so I used the cut out label shape on the inside to cover the slight lines, I used the text stamp from the ‘Francais Couture’ ref: 2400074a, VersaMark and some detail clear embossing powder all over the shape before sticking it onto the inside of the card in line with the front aperture.  I used the VersaMark and the text stamp on the front of the black card heat embossing with the detail clear embossing powder.  I then attached some acetate over the aperture on the front of the card with some high tack double sided tape (red).  I had a look through my card stash and found some pearlescent green out of a multi-pack from Create and Craft and ran it though my M-Bossabilities folder – Hearts from Spellbinders, before using the label die to cut out the aperture, then fixed it to the front of the card.  I used the largest of the two dies to cut out the frame and added the text with VersaMark and heat embossed before attaching to the front of the card.  I wanted to use some Cosmic Shimmer Mist – Meadow Lush on a piece of white card but I didn’t want to have all the spray dots all over it, so I like to use the spray with a paint brush.  I always shake the bottle until all the mica has blended, pour some of the Cosmic Shimmer into a paint tray a bit at a time, so used the brush to apply the shimmer to my card.  Once completely dry I stamped both the front and back of the corset onto the now green card using VersaFine – Onyx Black and heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder.  Once cut out I stuck the corset pieces on either side of the acetate using silicone glue.  To finish I used some black gems from MeiFlower on the green embossed background and used some green gems from JJD Cards on the black background.


No comments:

Post a Comment