Saturday, 15 December 2012

Chillax

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

All stamps are from DimensionStamps 


This chaise lounge is from the ‘Francais Couture’ ref: 2400074a.  I first stamped the chaise lounge on some red fabric but once I’d sewn it decided it was too dark, so stamped it again this time on some lemon curtain fabric I have (I will get those curtains made one day lol) and used some black thread to stitch all around the stamped image (I used some black VersaCraft ink to stamp onto the fabric) using some padding at the back.  I didn’t have any proper wadding so used some foam from the boxes my husband gets his computer parts in, I just cut it to the depth I needed and stitched straight through it.  I add some little black seed beads to the back and sides of the chaise lounge.  Once all the sewing had been done I glued it onto some mount board with clear drying PVA glue.  I used a red card for all the matting, and the background paper is from Papermania, it’s been in my stash for ages.  I stamped the text background onto the stripe paper using some Distress Ink – Scattered Straw, just along the bottom section of the paper.  I used the bow stamp to make a border, I thought the card needed another colour so the blue really helped, I stamped the bow using VersaFine – Onyx Black and heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder and then coloured in using my Memento pens.  The corners are from Spellbinders – Frame One and I used the same blue card to matt the bow border.  The white strip along the bottom of the chaise lounge is a 3D Gel Border and is self adhesive but also removable.

No comments:

Post a Comment