Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Witches Hat and Pumpkin Box

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

Halloween, it’s one of my family’s favourite times of the year, and we have loads of trick or treaters knocking on the door, well I did work at our local primary school for a number of years so it’s hardly surprising lol.  We get up to fifty little people every year, showing us their costumes and scary faces, I really do have trouble recognizing most of them until they remove their masks or have to tell me who they are.  We have flashing lights in the garden, stuck to glass on the front door and decorate the bottom of the hallway with loads of Halloween scary stuff, it’s stuck to the walls and the ceiling lol, we even have some scary music playing in the background.  We have two large Halloween bowls that we fill with some little goodie bags and each little visitor has to be brave and take their own bag.  The kids love it, their parent say their children can’t wait to visit us to see what it will be like and to show us their new costumes lol.

I normally print out and make up some card toppers for the goodie bags but thought I’d share with you a couple of boxes for some of those Halloween goodies.  I used my cutting machine and some SVG files from SVGCuts.com the set I used is called ‘Gimme Candy Boxes’, very easy to us and to make up, they even have videos for reference on their website.  I used the ‘Grand Word Perfect 2’ stamp set from Dimension Stamps (reference number: 1803069a) around the band on the witches hat and added them around and on top of the pumpkin box, using some VersaFine – Onyx Black ink, letting it dry completely before making up the boxes.  I also used the stamp set on the green ribbon, I stamped the trick or treat text all along the ribbon on both sides using some VersaCraft – Real Black ink.
Thanks for looking J


No comments:

Post a Comment