Sunday, 28 October 2012

Dressmakers Dummy

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

For this card I used the new stamp set from Dimension Stamps called ‘Sew Creative’ reference number 2400073a.  I stamped the dummy onto a Spellbinders – Curved Rectangles shape using VersaFine – Onyx Black and heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder.  Onto another piece of white card I stamped it out again this time in Memento – Tuxedo Black and cut out just the top section, using a Quickie Glue pen I added some black glitter to the lines, shaped it a little before layering it over the other dummy shape.  I cut the top shoulder section of the dummy to add the red fabric, this fabric is actually from a cushion cover I have (I really liked the colour and the zip had broken, my daughter was about to throw it out when I’d seen her and stopped her, she said ‘Mother, I can’t imagine for one minute you intend to put a new zip in there, what’s it for?’, once I shown her the finished card she just rolled her eyes and tutted, lol).  I added some Distress Ink – Spun Sugar around the edges of the shape before using a red ProMarker to add the stitches, I did the same for the sentiment on the side.  I used the Spellbinders Shapeabilities – Floral Flourishes to cut out two white flourishes and added the stitches using the red ProMarker.  For the background I used Distress Inks – Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass to add some colour blocks (using sticky notes to mask off each area) and using the same colour inks to stamp the smaller stamps in the set into each section, to finish the background I used the zig-zag stamp with Memento – Lady Bug ink across each edge of the blacks of colour.  The flower is made up of the toggle button stamp and the flower button stamp and coloured using the same inks as in the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment