Monday, 29 October 2012

Button Flowerpot

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

As soon as I saw this new set of stamps from Dimension Stamps (Sew Creative ref: 2400073a) I noticed the thimble and the flower button so I just had to made a flowerpot lol.  I stamped and made masks onto sticky notes of the thimble, toggle button and flower button, then onto some white card I stamped the thimble first using Memento – Tuxedo Black, masked it off, stamped the toggles for leaves, masked them off, stamped the flower, masked it off and finally stamped the twin stitch for the stem, I then coloured in using ProMarkers.  Once coloured I cut out the flowerpot using a Spellbinders – Curved Rectangles die and added the stitched edge using a red ProMarker.  I matt and layered onto some light blue card then onto some darker blue pearlescent card.  Onto some white card I stamped the button border, masking as I went, it was a 15cm border that I had cut to fit across the card, well you don’t see the back of the topper section do you, no need to do the full thing.  Onto some light blue card I stamped the flower flourish from the stamp set using some VersaMark ink and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder.  I attached the button border to the light blue card and cut around the top edge to match the button border, I did the stitch effect again with the red ProMarker.  I stamped onto the ribbon using VersaCraft – Real Black ink, folded it and attached it to the back of the flowerpot topper.  The sentiment and text on the ribbon is from the ‘Grand Word Perfect 2’ stamp set from Dimension Stamps (ref: 1803069a), the text border is also part of this set of stamps, I did the stitch effect around the border before cutting it out, matt and layering onto the blue pieces of card.  I cut a piece of blue pearlescent card for the background matt and then cut some white card for the top half of the card front, I used an embossing folder on the white card but it looked a mess so I cut it into pieces and made matts for the flowerpot and the sentiment leaving the pearlescent in view for the background.  Once everything was attached to the card front, I wasn’t happy it needed something else, so I thought a bit of Glossy Accents on the buttons on the bottom of the card would lift it a bit, I even added a little bit of blue glitter.  Well, it looked a mess so I scraped it all off again before it had had a chance to dry, and on another piece of white card stamped, coloured and cut out the buttons and stuck them over the mess haha.  You would have never know if I hadn't have told you J

No comments:

Post a Comment