Monday, 17 September 2012

Project Club - September 2012 » Shakey Fish Tank «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I just had do a fish tank lol.  I lightly inked my background using the Big & Juicy – Waterfall ink pad then using the same ink I stamped the seaweed and coral all along the bottom, and coloured them in with ProMarkers.  Then went over it all with the Pearl Watercolour Paints I have, I’ve had these for years, there is two palettes with ten colours on each.  One has ten Duo & Interference Colours and the other has ten Pearlescent & Metallic Colours, they are very much like the H2O’s I think (I don’t have these so only guessing) they are called Pearl Ex by Jacquard.  Anyway, I coloured the castle, fish, seahorse, star and the shell using these paints.  The castle is a stamp from Dimension Stamps and is called ‘Fairy Palace’ reference number 1001006a, I couldn’t have a fish tank without a castle lol.  I stamped the top of the castle onto the background, then on another piece of card I stamped it again as well as all the other bits and pieces and once coloured I cut them all out.  The reason I stamped the top of the castle is so I didn’t have to phaff about trying to cut out all the detail on the top of the spires, I just glued my finished castle over the stamped image on the background.  I used some shaker tape all round the edges, added some of the decorative sand, before adding the acetate.  The surround is made from some textured blue card, I cut it into 2.5cm strips, scored two line down each one, the first at 0.7cm the second 0.6cm from the first one.  I glued the top and bottom sections in place first then mitred the tops of the end pieces before gluing in place, this tidied up the top and the sides of the fish tank.  I wanted just the tank but this would look nice as an easel card if you wanted.
The stamps used for this project are from the September Project Club set from Dimension Stamps.  If you would like to join the Project Club or have a look at any other stamps visit www.dimensionstamps.com for more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment