Monday, 17 September 2012

Project Club - September 2012 » Scrapbook page «



I thought I’d do a scrapbook page this month, I’m really going to have to finish off some that I have already started lol.  While on a holiday in Florida my daughter went swimming in the Crystal River, its where all the Manatees live, we then went on to the Wildlife Park and we were there for the Manatee feeding time, we were able to get right up close.

Anyway, for this page I used some paper from Docrafts it’s the Me to You – Spring Chic pad, some lovely papers in this pack.  I rounded the corners before adding some ColorBox ink – Deep Sea all around the edges and then attached it to my base 8x8 card.  I used the Spellbinders circle dies for the white photo matts and again inked the edges with the Deep Sea ink.  I just rounded the corners on the main photo and matt.  For the title I used the ‘Alphabet 7’ stamp set reference number 1801009a from Dimension Stamps, it is a little small but I think the font is really nice.  I did a rough stamp first onto some scrap paper to find my spacing and centre points before committing to the final piece of card, well I did from the middle of each line, not doing the beginning at all.  So I cut a piece of white card, the using the Big & Juicy – Waterfall ink pad and the seaweed and coral stamp I stamped along the card.  Then using VersaFine – Onyx Black I stamped the wording, but, because all the alphabet stamps are small and I had to use them one by one I didn’t take into account the third line, its not quite in the middle because of all the i’s and l’s etc. and the beginning of the line has lots of s’s and a’s, wider letters.  Never mind though if anyone asks it’s meant to be like that lol.  I stamped and heat embossed the fish and the crab with the VersaFine and detail clear embossing powder, coloured with ProMarkers and cut out leaving a white border.  Before attaching everything to my page I used three shades of green ribbon to extend the seaweed.
The stamps used for this project are from the September Project Club set from Dimension Stamps.  If you would like to join the Project Club or have a look at any other stamps visit www.dimensionstamps.com for more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment