Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Small Poinsettia

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I wanted to do a frosty card so using the new set from Dimension Stamps called ‘A Christmas Star’ reference number 2400069a.  I used the small poinsettia stamp and used the cyan ink pad from the Color Box Pigment Ink - Surf’s Up! set, with some detail clear embossing powder.  I stamped the poinsettia four times and stamped the top of the ribbon one extra time.  I coloured the ribbon edge with a ProMarker – Artic Blue and added some glitter using a Quickie Glue pen.  I used my Spellbinder dies to cut out the Circle and the Lacey Circle and an M-Bossabilities folder – Paisley to emboss the white circle.  I stamped the background used the same ink and embossing powder and added some of the glitter just to highlight.  I added some grosgrain spotty ribbon and used some foam tape to the back of the circles and used some silicone glue to attach the poinsettia.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have achieved the frosty look you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellllooooo hope you're well?

      I just got carried away with the blue ink and glitter lol.

      Delete