Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Old time Lantern Light

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

My daughter was about four when she asked my mum, 'why was everything in black and white Grandma, when you were little', well my mum's face, wish I'd had the camera ready for that one lol.

I have wanted to do this card for a while, I’m really liking the monotones again at the moment.  So for this card I used the Pink Petticoat – Sprinkled with Twinkles paper for the background and just added some glitter using a Quickie Glue pen.  The lantern is from Dimension Stamps and is from a set called ‘A Festive Night by Lantern Light’ reference number 2400068a, I stamped the lantern using VersaFine – Onyx Black and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder.  I then coloured in with ProMarkers, I used the full set of five Warm Greys, Cool Grey 1 and the Black.  I used the Woodware Inverted Corner Rounder and some adhesive pearls.  I finished off using some glitter on the ribbon, randomly on the holly and ivy and finally adding some Glossy Accents to the glass area of the lantern before very lightly sprinkling some of the glitter into it.
Thanks for looking J

No comments:

Post a Comment