Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Large Poinsettia

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

The new set of stamps from Dimension Stamps are called ‘A Christmas Star’ reference number 2400069a.  I used the largest poinsettia stamp for this card, I used some Christmas papers I have in my stash, they are not really what I’d like to use on any detail card because they are a little too dark for my liking, but thought they would work well for this type of effect.  So I stamped the poinsettia first onto some cream pearlescent card using VersaFine – Onyx Black and heat embossed with some Disco Black embossing powder, then using the same powders I stamped onto the paper, one layer on the green and four layers for the dark red.  Once cut out I used some silicone glue on the layers to build the poinsettia but it looked a little too dull so I lightly sprayed some Crafters Companion Spray and Shine over the poinsettia and allowed to dry before attaching to the card.  I had some of the green paper left over, it was form a 6 x 6 paper pad, so using a Spellbinder die I drew around it and cut out the shape before stamping and heat embossing the leaves.  I matted onto some gold mirri card before attaching to a cream card base.  I wish I hadn’t sprayed the poinsettia because the Disco Black embossing powder would have been a little shiner if I’d have just left it, never mind we live and learn lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment