Friday, 13 July 2012

Project Club - July 2012 » Main Card «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

This month’s project club stamps have the cocktail theme, making me think of all the summer days we are not having lol, never mind, I’m sure it will get here at some point.  This is a really useful set of stamps, and I think you will be able to dip into them for all sorts of projects.  Hope you enjoy your stamps.

This is the finished card.
Once all your pieces of card have been cut out, as per instruction sheet, you will need to cut out three masks. I use sticky notes to make my masks.
Using the largest piece of white card, the Memento ink and the citrus slice, stamp randomly around the edge of the card, try not to overlap. Now use the sticky note masks to cover the already stamped citrus slices and stamp in between, moving the masks round the edge as needed.
Colour the fruit in.
Shrink Plastic – use the sanding block and lightly sand the shrink plastic from left to right, then again from top to bottom. This will stop the plastic sticking together once the heat gun is used. It won’t be much of a problem while using the citrus slice as it’s just a circle, but sanding will help when using detailed stamps.
Using the StazOn ink stamp the citrus slice onto the shrink plastic.

Colour with watercolour pencils. The more colour you add will result in a stronger finished colour once the plastic has been shrunk. I have placed the cut out and coloured shrink plastic onto some white card so you can see how much colour I used, I coloured, then used my waterbrush, then did a little scribble to add some darker areas.
This is an action shot lol, of what will happen to the plastic as it shrinks down, you may need to turn it over during the heating process so be careful its very hot, use the lower heat setting on your gun to stop it flying off all over. Once it has finished shrinking rest your acrylic block over it until it cools, I leave it on there for the time it takes me to hang my heat gun back on its hook.
This is the finished size.
Using the smallest piece of white card and Memento ink, stamp the glass in the centre, stamp the smallest umbrella so it rests on top of the glass. Using second generation ink and the smallest ice cube add some to the top of the glass. Colour in the cocktail, again I used ProMarkers.
Matt and layer all pieces of card together and to finish use silicone glue or glue dots to attach the shrunk slice.

Happy crafting, Jackie J

No comments:

Post a Comment