Thursday, 12 July 2012

Project Club - July 2012 » Latté Shutter Card «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I thought the shape of this glass would make a nice cup of Latte, so I stamped and cut out the glass on pearlescent cream card and onto a piece of white card I stamped it again, but cut off the stem leaving the glass top.  I masked off the top part of the glass and coloured the lower section quite heavily with Distress Ink – Antique Linen, then lightly inked over the top section once the mask had been removed to make the frothy top.  I then glued it onto the cream pearlescent glass, I did this because I didn’t want the latte to be shiny as this drink has a dull appearance.  The paper and Card Candi are from Craftwork Cards.  I used the ‘Petal Passion’ stamp set from Dimension Stamps reference number 2400065a for the flower.  I used a Spellbinders – Foliage die for the leafy bits and I used my new favourite Die-namics dies from MFT (My Favorite Things – www.mftstamps.com), I got quite a few and thought this one worked really well with the cuppa theme, this die is call ‘Always Time for Tea’.

No comments:

Post a Comment