Thursday, 7 June 2012

A Touch of …… Summer

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I used the poppy from the ‘A Touch of ….. Summer’ stamp set (Dimension Stamps ref: 0701087a) for this card.  My neighbour has some beautiful pink poppy whereas mine are bright red, so that’s where I got the inspiration from for this card.  I stamped the poppy onto a Spellbinders – Labels Seventeen piece of white card, using VersaFine – Onyx Black and heat embossing with detail clear embossing powder.  I then returned the shape back into the die and lightly inked around the edges using Distress Ink – Spun Sugar.  I then coloured the poppy in with ProMarkers (Tea Green, grass, Lush green, Baby Pink and Cool Grey 5).  For the pink card I stamped the poppy this time using VersaMark and heat embossing again with the detail clear embossing powder.  I used my Crop-A-Dile – Corner Chomper and rounded the corners before attaching it to the base card, I did the same for the 3cm wide panel.  This was quite a quick card to do really, and I love the pink.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment