Thursday, 7 June 2012

Petal Passion

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I wanted to do something a little different with this card, using the ‘Petal Passion’ stamp set from Dimension Stamps ref: 2400065a.  I first stamped the middle sized flower onto a piece of scrap paper and cut out the middle leaving me an inverted mask.  Onto a white piece of card I stamped the flower using Memento – Tuxedo Black and then used my mask to cover all the outside edge of the flower.  Next I used one of the petal stamps from the set and stamped all around the flower, then using Memento – Dandelion or Summer Sky I inked the flower, when you remove the mask the flower will have a nice white outer edge.  I did this all over the white card to finish off my background, using the leaf detail on the outer flowers and using the Memento – New Sprout ink to colour.  Once I’d done it, I keep thinking it needed something more, it looked a little too flat and matt colour, I had actually used some other Memento inks and it turned out too much like autumn so I redid it in the blue and yellow.  I was looking around my room trying to think of something to add when I noticed my Crafter’s Companion Spray & Sparkle so I masked the flowers up again and sprayed them with the iridescent spray.  I stamped the versa from the set onto a Spellbinders – Labels Two shape and cut off the embossed edge so I could matt it onto a blue piece of card.  The sentiment is from the ‘Grand Word Perfect’ stamp set again from Dimension Stamps ref: 1803161a.  I added some Papermania simmer dots to finish.  Lots of stamping in this card but I really enjoyed doing it. J


No comments:

Post a Comment