Friday, 15 June 2012

Another Petal Passion

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I was looking at the last flat ‘Petal Passion’ (Dimension Stamps ref: 2400065a) card I did and it set my head off all over the place, so this is what I came up with, while Roy was doing the demo on Create and Craft.
I made masks for all three flower heads both on the sticky notes and on scrap paper, I used Memento – Tuxedo Black, Lulu Lavender and Angel Pink ink pads.  I also used the ‘Grand Word Perfect’ (Dimension Stamps ref: 1803161a) and the butterfly is from the Memory Box range and is called Vivienne Butterfly.  So using black ink I stamped the first small flower the using a sticky note mask, covered it up before stamping the next flower, and on and on I went until I’d filled not quite all the white card, as you can see in the picture.  Then using the leaf stamp from the ‘Petal Passion’ set of stamps and using the black ink, I stamped all the outer flowers making them into the leaves.  I wanted to do a centre area on each flower and in the stamp set is a three petal stamp you can see it on the corners of the sentiment, so using this I stamped a daisy middle to each flower, masking the last petals to form the daisy, because I didn’t want overlapping petals.  Masking the daisy and the surrounding stamped images I used the Lulu Lavender and Angel Pink ink to add the other petal patterns.  Once all the flowers where stamps I used ProMarkers and FlexMarkers to colour in: Honeydew, Soft Green, Pink Lavender, Lavender, Pink Pearl, Pale Pink, Muted Pink, Pale Blossom and Blue Grey 1.  I matted onto some textured pink card.  Then I cut out a white butterfly and using some iridescent Violet/White glitter from Glitter Magic and a Quickie Glue pen added the glitter all over the butterfly, on every daisy on the flowers and a little on the white border.  To finish I used some crystal gems from MeiFlower.
David my hubby thought I might be a good idea to take this photo of the masks I used, I did have to move the green daisy mask around a bit, but I had enough cut out, not to have to cut any more.
Thanks for looking J

No comments:

Post a Comment