Monday, 16 April 2012

Mystery Gentleman - Sherlock

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I was having a look around the website and found this set of stamps, they are currently on sale, and they are a bargain, I think this set was issued in a 2009 as a project club, so some of you may still have them, if not the reference number is 2300016a and it’s called the ‘Mystery Gentleman Set’.  For this DL card I used a white base card and some gold slightly pearlescent card for the matting.  I wanted to use a background stamp for the pattern on the coat and found a dogtooth stamp, this pattern seems to be very in at the moment so thought it would be prefect, the reference number for that stamp is 0604058a.  So on some white card I stamped the dogtooth pattern using VersaFine – Vintage Sepia, then stamped the lower half of the coat with VersaFine – Onyx Black straight over the top of the dogtooth, then I heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder, I then repeated this to do the top half of the coat.  I used my Xcut 2” postage stamp punch, to cut out five of the postage stamps using the white card.  Then using the black ink I stamped the five different images as shown, heat embossing them again with the detail clear embossing powder, then using low tack masking tape, I masked off all around each of the stamps and used a blending tool and Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass to give a light dusting of blue.  I stamped the coat stand onto some white card using the black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, I then used my Woodware corner punch on this piece of white card, before masking off and dusting with the blue ink just like the postage stamps.  I coloured all the pieces in with ProMarkers – Sandstone, Cinnamon, Midnight Blue, Warm Grey 5 and Cool Grey 2, before cutting out the two coat pieces.  I matted the postage stamps as shown and attached them to the card first using silicone glue.  I then added the lower half of the coat with silicone glue overlapping slightly on the postage stamps, then attached the top half of the coat again overlapping the postage stamps.
Just think of all the different patterns you could put on this coat.  

Thanks for looking, Jackie J

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie, brilliant card, luv that coat, just imagine all the different papers and colours you could use, you could have a bright wacky one lol, stamp set is brilliant for men. Janette xx

    ReplyDelete