Saturday, 24 March 2012

Suzan’s 1950’s birthday card

This card was made for a friend who was 50 last month, I actually lost this photo, but while moving some files around it just appeared, it was in one of those ‘safe’ places lol.  Suzan is 1950’s mad so as soon as I’d seen this vintage collection from svgcuts I knew it was the kit for me, the kit is called ‘Rockin and Rollin’.  Because Suzan likes the colour purple and has always wanted a purple car, well need I say more.  I used lots of my off cut pieces of card and used a Stampin Up paper for the envelope, the envelope come in the svg kit as well.  I used a really useful stamp from Dimension Stamps on the front bumper called ‘Dogtooth Check’ reference number 060458a, I just inked the stamp with Distress Ink – Spiced Marmalade and randomly stamped all over it.  I used the purple cut out circle from the headlight and using a Sakura white Gelly Roll pen added the 50.  I used a Memento Dual Marker pen – Grape Jelly to add the detail on the scarf and in the centre of the roller skates, and used a Memento – Grape Jelly ink pad to highlight the edges of her skirt.  To finish I used on of the little bows from MeiFlower for her ponytail, I just pulled the ends of the ribbon until the bow was small enough. 
I actually couldn’t believe my luck when I got this SVG kit from svgcuts as only a few days later I received my stamps for the Dimension Stamps Project Club, so I used the large record on this card:


No comments:

Post a Comment