Tuesday, 20 March 2012

A Pretty Antiquity Flower Pot

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I kept looking at this new stamp set called ‘Pretty Antiquity’ (ref: 2400064a) from Dimension Stamps and wanted to do something a little different, but what!  I had a rummage through my Spellbinder dies and found the ‘Flower Pot’ dies, and that was my inspiration, so I used just the little daisy like flower from the stamp set to make a full flower.  I needed three of the stamped flowers for each full flower, so I stamped 24 flowers onto some white stamping card using VersaFine – Onyx Black and embossed with detail clear embossing powder before colouring them in with ProMarkers (Yellow, Gold and Forest Green).  I had a look through my card off cuts stash and found a piece of brown card that was just the right size (I knew my left over bits were needed for something one day lol) so I cut out the flowerpot but used my new Spellbinders M-Bossabilities – Flora folder to add the embossed pattern and then inked around the edge with Color Box ink - Woodgrain.  I used the Spellbinder – Labels Seventeen for the white background shape inking the edge with Color Box – Jelly Beans ink.  The background green spotty paper is from Papermania and is from their Verde Capsule Collection.  The ribbon I think is from Ribbonbox and the pearls (both sizes) are from Fred Aldous.  I used a 1cm circle punch to cut out some scrap card circles to build the flowers up.  I used silicone glue in the middle of each circle and overlapped three of the cut out flowers to make one full one placing a small pearl in the middle of each.  The tag is from the ‘Word Perfect’ stamp set also from Dimension Stamps, (ref:1803160a) and I used some yellow embroidery thread on the tag. 
I get all my Spellbinder dies and embossing folders from IconUK you should have a look at their website, really good prices and a good range too.


No comments:

Post a Comment