Monday, 6 February 2012

Vintage Fluttering Flourishes

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

This is the butterfly from the new set of stamps ‘Vintage Fluttering Flourishes’ ref: 2400063a from Dimension Stamps, lots of really useful flourishes as well.  I stamped the butterfly onto some white card using one of the dark blue inks from Color Box Classic Pigment Cat’s Eyes – Deep Sea, I then used Color Box – Surf’s Up! ink for the swirl stamps, I used three of the blue inks on one stamp before stamping over the butterfly.  This ink stays wet long enough to stamp the whole butterfly then heat emboss using detail clear embossing powder.  I then used a Sakura pen on the body before using some Mica Paints, I dabbed some of the blue and the red randomly over the butterfly and let it dry before cutting out. For the sentiment I used the top swirl, happy birthday and the two bottom flourishes, using Color Box – Deep Sea then heat embossed again using detail clear embossing powder.  I added the Mica Paint same as on the butterfly.  I used a Couture Embossing folder on the pink card, because my pink base card was slightly too big to fit in the embossing folder I scored a line at the base of the embossed area, and then used an EK Success punch along the bottom of the card, I made the top panels in the same way before using a corner rounder punch on some of the corners.  Once matt and layered I attached the butterfly using silicone glue, the sentiment with shaker tape with a little bit of silicone glue to make sure it stuck.  To finish I used some clear gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment