Monday, 6 February 2012

A Touch of Spring

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I love these flower stamps from Dimension Stamps, the detail is very sharp, and they come in two different sizes: ‘Forever Floral’ ref: 2400061a has all twelve flowers and measure approx. 2½” high, and the ‘A Touch of Spring’ set ref: 2400062a, these measure approx. 5” high.  I have only measured the rose from each collection other stamps may vary in size slightly.  Other sets will be released though the year as the seasons come round.

For this decoupage card I have used the ‘A touch of Spring’ stamp set, from this picture you can’t see the layers very well though.  I stamped the daffodil using VersaFine – Onyx Black onto the Spellbinders shape and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder before colouring in with ProMarkers.  I then inked around the edge of shape with Color Box – Jelly Bean yellow ink.  Using white card I stamped and embossed another daffodil but just cutting out two leaves and the flower head, I then stamped and embossed the flower head three times, cutting just the complete flower, the trumpet shape of the flower with the top section, and then last of all just the top section on its own.  I coloured each layer with ProMarkers.  I used the black ink to stamp the ‘happy birthday’ and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder, onto another Spellbinder shape inking around the edge again with the Jelly Bean ink.  I used some light green pearlescent card and the Spellbinders shapes to cut out the matts, I used the same size shapes as the ones previously used and just cut them down the middle.  I found some yellow stripe paper in my stash so rounded the corners and inked using Color Box – Forest Floor ink.  I used some silicone glue to layer the daffodil (I don’t like my decoupage to be too high) and double sided tape for the background etc. I finished off with some emerald gems.
You can see Roy from Dimension Stamps on Create and Craft tomorrow on the Dawn Biddy & Friends shows at 2pm – 4pm and also on the 7pm – 8pm show with Leonie Pujol.
Happy crafting and thanks for looking J

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment