Wednesday, 22 February 2012

A Rose for Mother’s Day

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

For this card I used the ‘Forever Floral’ ref: 2400061a and the ‘A Touch of …. (June)’ ref: 0701075a stamps from Dimension Stamps.  I used a plain green and a plain pink card for my matting and used a Spellbinders die for the labels.  The background is stamped using Color Box Pigment ink – Chiffon White and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder, I didn’t want to emboss with white embossing powder because I wanted a very subtle background and the white would have shown up too much, so using the Chiffon White takes that edge off.  I coloured the roses with the very palest of ProMarkers.  For the large rose I stamped the rose itself with Adirondack – Watermelon and embossed with detail clear embossing powder, and the leaves with Adirondack – Meadow, once again embossing with the detail clear embossing powder, I coloured them in with ProMarkers, using two lots of leaves and the decoupage flower has three layers.  Once coloured in and cut out I used the ‘Spray & Shine’ from Crafters Companion to give a slight gloss, I only put one coat on, if you want a deeper shine put more coats on.  For the earrings I stamped the small rose onto some shrink plastic and cut the circles using Spellbinders circle dies.  I then used my Crop-O-Dile to punch a hole at the top and at the bottom of the circles, before colouring in the roses using the watered down Adirondack – Watermelon and Meadow ink pads.  I raided my bead box and found the beads as shown in the picture.  I cut out the small oval shape and punched two holes in before using double the height of foam pads on the back, so the earrings could be easily attached and removed.  The labels have also been attached using foam pads, and the rose was stuck together using silicone glue.  To finish off I used some Bling gems.  At bit awkward to take a photo of this card, a bit too shiny in places.

No comments:

Post a Comment