Monday, 6 February 2012

Me to You

My daughter sent me a text latish on Saturday afternoon asking if I could make her three cards, two birthday and one engagement.  She wanted them for the Sunday, so she said on her text, it got to about 6 o’clock, David (hubby) wanted to watch some car thingy on TV so I left him to it and went to make a start on the cards.  Hanni (daughter) came home 20 minutes later and said she was going out at 8 o’clock, ‘where are the cards’ she said.  So, ‘Keep Calm and don’t Panic’ thought I, as well as a few chose words lol. 

To cut an even longer story short I used my ‘Me to You – Especially for You’ CD’s.  I printed out three characters and cut them out with Spellbinder dies.  I put a bit of shading around the images with Blue Grey 1 FlexMarker, then did a few little highlights with a Clear Star Gelly Roll pen from Sakura.  I used some pearlescent card for the matts and for the Spellbinder leaves, I used a Marianne Design butterfly die and matching pearlescent card for each butterfly.  The background paper is from the ‘Forever Friends’ collection I have in my paper stash.  I used some of the Crystal Gems from MeiFlower Crafts Ltd, love this, one of my favourite places to shop.


It's a good job they were going to three different people lol

Jackie J

2 comments:

  1. What took you so do long to do three cards! LOL! Some people just have no idea how much notice you need for a card but I would have thought your daughter would?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know Susan she is a pfaff, I told her to read the message she'd sent to me, as soon as she did she couldn't apologise enough. She did put she needed them for Sunday tut. All said and done she isn't a crafter :( I keep asking her if she'd like to make something, but she just say's 'it would be better if you do it mum', she's no patience. lol

    ReplyDelete