Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Acetate butterfly

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I used a white DL card blank for my base card and some lilac dotty paper for the background.  Using one of the small flourish stamps from the ‘Vintage Fluttering Flourishes’ stamp set ref: 2400063a from Dimension Stamps and Memento – Grape Jelly I stamped around three edges of the background paper.  I used Martha Stewart punches around the edge of some lilac pearlescent card and onto some white card I stamped the butterfly with Memento – Tuxedo Black using the flourishes to add a pattern, then coloured it in with different shades of lilac FlexMarkers.  I inked around the edge of the white card with the Grape Jelly before attaching it to the pearlescent card shape.  Using some acetate and some StazOn black ink I stamped the butterfly and three of the small circle flourishes, I then used a double sided adhesive sheet to stick them on before cutting them out.  Once cut out I removed the other sticky side and used some iridescent glitter from Glitter Magic to cover the butterfly and one of the flowers with White/Violet and two of the flowers with a purple colour (I have that many different glitters I think it was Violet) glitter, I used the iridescent so you could see the pattern on the butterfly underneath.  I cut into the circle flourishes and bent them to make them look more like petals on a flower.  I used silicone glue to attach the butterfly and the flowers and added some Crystal gems from MeiFlower to finish.  The shin on this card has made it difficult to take a decent photo, hope you can see the pattern underneath the butterfly.
Thanks for looking J

3 comments:

  1. This turned out well too love the glitter effect
    Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie - did you have to prep the sample for Roy as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, hope your well.

      Yes I did, I've done a sample for each of his shows, on one of them I did two. I have a demo box he uses for the Create and Craft shows, and in it I put a complete card (as you can see) for him to copy. I also put in the complete card in bits, just ready to stick together, just in case he runs out of time, and then any cut card pieces he needs to do the stamping on. I also put in any glitter, gems, tape runner, ProMarkers/FlexMarkers I've used and any of my inks I know he hasn't got. I try and cover everything before I take the demo to him. I then explain how to put it all together, I usually print him an instruction sheet as well.

      I think he does very well explaining everything I throw at him lol what do you think?

      Jackie x

      Delete