Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Project Club - January 2012 » White and Lilac «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I think you may have guessed by now that I like to use white card lol. I used some lilac pearlescent card for the background matt on this card, I punched along the bottom using a Martha Stewart border punch, I also used the same lilac pearlescent to matt both the circle (Tear Drop Circles) and the tag (Double Ended Tags) both are from Spellbinders. Onto the circle I stamped the heart twice overlapping them in the middle using a Memento – Grape Jelly ink. The sentiment is from the ‘Assorted Greetings 2’ stamp set Dimension Stamps ref: 1803141a. I used a mini Gingham card from Kanban for the background and used a white organza ribbon with some purple ribbon placed in the middle along the background. I used the purple ribbon to make the bow, but then in my stash I found some small ready made iridescent bows from Mei Flower and placed one in the middle of the purple bow and one in the middle of the hearts. To finish off I used some small purple brads.
I used a 90 gsm copy paper for this wrapping paper. I wanted it to match the card so used the heart stamp and the lilac ink. I stamped the heart randomly then stamped again using second generation ink to give the faded look. I finished off with a purple bow using the same ribbon as on the card.
You can’t give a present without a tag, so again using the same coloured cards and ribbon I made this tag. I first stamped the heart then cut it out leaving the top quite long so I could cut to size later. I then cut the mini Gingham, again leaving the top, then punched the edge on the lilac pearlescent card (leaving the top) then finally cut the white base card (leaving the top). I marked the white heart layer with a pencil dot where I wanted the hole and cut the excess white card off, I then cut the sides off leaving a 1cm slope (1cm down the side and 1cm along the top, then cut the corner off). I then stuck the heart card to the next mini Gingham layer and trimmed the top off before trimming the slopes. Placed onto the pearlescent layer and did the same, then finally the base layer. I used a single hole punch and some of the purple ribbon. To finish I used one of the iridescent bows in the middle of the heart.

Thanks for looking J

No comments:

Post a Comment