Tuesday, 10 January 2012

New Shoes

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I’ve had this ‘Sassy Shoe’ stamp from Dimension Stamps ref: 0105028a for a little while now, so wanted to use it.  While looking for some card for another project I came across this odd piece of damask like card, there was only just over a third of an A4 sheet, I think it was from Kanban originally.  I have a draw that I keep all my cut shapes in and found the white background and the punched border, the border was a pale green colour but I used a ProMarker to make it match the underside of the shoe.  I like to use as much of my scrap stuff as possible.  I used the damask card for the Spellbinders scalloped heart and tag matt, the shoes and I just had enough of a sliver to use on top of the Martha Stewart punched border.  My base card is white so I used Distress Ink – Worn Lipstick, but it was too pink so I used the Distress Ink – Victorian Velvet over the top of it, just to tone it down a bit.  I then used the ‘Star Flourish’ stamp from Dimension Stamps ref: 1806123a randomly around the edges using the Worn Lipstick, I also used the star flourish stamp on the upper half of the white shaped card.  I attached the strip of damask card then the punched border.  I used white card for the Spellbinders heart and tag, and using VersaFine – Onyx Black I stamped the happy birthday and embossed using detail clear embossing powder onto the tag, using two metal heart brads to finish it.  I then attached the tag and the heart to the card.  Using the last of the damask card and VersaFine – Onyx Black, I stamped and embossed the shoes.  Once cut out I used ProMarkers to colour them in, I was going to paper piece but the ProMarkers covered the damask pattern really well.  I attached the shoes to the card with silicone glue.

1 comment: