Monday, 30 January 2012

Butterfly Circle

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

Love this butterfly, because it’s just an outline you can use any stamp you like to fill in the wings.  On this card I used the ‘Jazzy Pattern’ stamp from Dimension Stamps ref: 0604077a for the wings.  The butterfly and the background flourish are from the ‘Vintage Fluttering Flourishes’ stamp set again from Dimension Stamps and that’s ref: 2400063a, this is one of the new sets that will be featured on Create and Craft on the 7th February.  I wanted to have a play with the background flourish, so used a scrap piece of paper, because of its shape it was easy to turn it into a circle, I couldn’t believe it, I had stamped the circle spot on first time, my only problem was that it was on scrap paper L so I had to do it again on some stamping card.  Well it was a mess lol, so I gave my scrap circle it to my hubby and asked him to work out the measurements for me to replicate a perfect circle.  As you can see from the picture he made a very good job of it, I did it first time again.  I used Distress Ink – Wild Honey and Dried Marigold on the flourish stamp at the same time, this gave a light to dark or dark to light effect on the stamped image, I stamped two or three flourishes before embossing them with detail clear embossing powder.  I cut out around the outside edge with my compass cutter, and then extended it to cut out the rainbow mirri card.  The cutter is a little awkward to use but it worked out that it was in keeping with the slightly distressed look I wanted, I roughed up the edge of the white card a little before inking it with Distress Ink – Spiced Marmalade.  To finish the background I used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen – Clear Star to give a little shine, this pen has a little gold tint of colour in the pen but once I’d used it on the card I couldn’t see much of the gold tint.  On another piece of stamping card I stamped the butterfly using VersaMark and used the ‘Jazzy Pattern’ stamp of the wings, because my older VersaMark stamp pad is a bit stained I could actually see where I was stamping making it easier, I then embossed the whole of the butterfly using detail white embossing powder.   I used the Spiced Marmalade ink all over the butterfly and used a piece of paper towel to wipe off any excess ink, I again used the Sakura pen to highlight the ends of the wings etc.  For the white base card I used my Cricut Expressions machine and cut a bigger circle, giving it a rough edge and inked with the Spiced Marmalade.  Attached the mirri card and the background using double side tape.  I was giving the butterfly a bit of shape with I broke one of the antenna L so I cut them off and made some more out of some gold wire and stuck them on and attached the butterfly to the card with silicone glue.

Thanks for looking J



1 comment:

  1. I saw the late show at 7 pm on the computer and well done on all the comments you got, Leonie did seem to like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete