Thursday, 15 December 2011

August Poppy

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

This card was made using the new set of stamps from Dimension Stamps called ‘Forever Floral’ ref 2400061a, on this one I’ve used the August Poppy.  I used some red texture card for the matt and some pink texture card for the background.  I scored two lines on the left of the card, the first at ½” and the other at 1” then did the same but along the bottom.  I stamped the words and numbers using Distress Ink – Barn Door and did the same for the Poppy, but the poppy looked rubbish when I’d used my water brush on it, so I re-stamped it onto some more pink textured card and cut it out using my Nestabilities shapes, cutting a red scallop for the matt.  I was much happier with this colouring so just stuck it over the top of the other.  You would have never known would you lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment