Saturday, 26 November 2011

Winter shaker card

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

Using the new set of stamps from Dimension Stamps ‘A Room with a View’.  I stamped the window and the tree with Memento – Tuxedo black and coloured in using my ProMarkers and FlexMarkers.  I used some fine iridescent glitter on the tree and did a blob on top of the birds head, this bird is on all four trees so I decided it was plastic lol.  I thought it would make a nice shaker card so using some thicker glitter for snow I sandwiched the tree and window with some acetate and some shaker tape.  For the background I used some rainbow mirri onto which I stuck some patterned paper, love this range of paper it’s from Nitwits and it from their ‘Still Joyful Hearts’ collection.  I also used it for the border down the left hand side, I then covered it with an organza ribbon and added some bell embellishments before making a matching organza bow.  I added some iridescent glitter to the curtains, it actually shows up with the green tint to it but it didn’t look that bad in ‘real’ life, it did match what I’d put on the tree though.  To finish off I added some very shiny gems, that look quite dull in this picture, tut typical J

No comments:

Post a Comment