Monday, 21 November 2011

Project Club - November 2011 » Snow People «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

For this card I wanted to make a little snow family so firstly I stamped the middle snowman onto white card.   Then using Post-It notes I made three snowman masks placing one mask over the snowman I had just stamped.  I then stamped another snowman either side of the middle one.  These three snowmen were stamped with the Color Box – Surf’s Up ink pads.  I covered the other two snowmen with the Post-It masks and then cut wavy lines through some scrap paper to make my scenery template.  Using this scrap paper I masked off the bottom of the card leaving just the sky exposed.  Using a Big and Juicy – Waterfall ink pad and a piece of Cut-N-Dry I blended in the sky.  I then masked the sky and used another scrap wavy line template to ink the darker hills.  Once I was happy with the colour I removed the sky template and using the tree stamps from ‘The Adorable Snowman’ stamp set Ref:2400051a and the dark blue end of the Waterfall ink pad I added the trees before removing the lower template.  I than placed one last wavy line template below the dark hills and inked a lighter shade of blue then removing the template I did a lighter shade for the bottom (I hope all this makes sense).  I removed the Post-It masks from the snowmen and used my anti-static bag all over this piece of card making sure all the ink had dried before adding the snow flakes.  The snowflakes are from ‘The Adorable Snowman’ stamp set and last months project club.  I stamped and embossed the snowflakes with VersaMark ink and detail white embossing powder.
 On another piece of white card I stamped, using Memento – Tuxedo Black, hats, scarves etc. for each of the snowmen then cut-out and coloured with ProMarkers.  I used a piece of white card wide enough to fit across the bottom of the scene and ripped it towards me leaving the white core edge showing and glued it across the bottom of the scene. I thought it could do with another layer lower down so I did the same again.  I then lightly inked around the white edge of the card with the Waterfall ink pad.  I matted the scene onto silver mirri card leaving a small border then attached to my base card.  Using a Quickie Glue Pen and some iridescent glitter I highlighted the ripped edges across the bottom of the scene and around the inside edge of the snow people to give it an extra sparkle.  Well I was covered in glitter so why shouldn't the snowmen lol.  I then attached the hats, scarves etc. with silicone glue.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Jackie, I love the scene you've created. Jo x

    ReplyDelete