Sunday, 20 November 2011

Project Club - November 2011 » Snow Lady «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I love this set of stamps, you can have any snow person you like J, so I wanted to do a girlie Snow Lady. 

For this card I used the Nestabilities – Labels Eleven, Fancy Tags Two dies and the Icicle die from Marianne Designs.  Using white card I cut out the largest of the label dies and drew around it and cut out to make my white matt.  I cut out two icicle shapes.  Using VersaMark and detail white embossing powder, I stamped and embossed the sentiment onto white card.  Then I used low tack masking tape on the Fancy Tag die to hold it in place before I cut it out.  Before I removed it from the die I used my Color Box – Surf’s Up! Ink set and inked all over the exposed white bits, using a paper towel to remove any excess ink before removing the tag from the die.  I stamped the snowman outline onto the labels eleven shape using VersaFine – Onyx Black down the middle of the snowman stamp, then used the Colour Box ink again for the outer edge of the snowman, then embossed with detail clear embossing powder.  The black was a bit patchy as I’d messed about with the blue outline too much, doing the old huffing didn’t seem to do much either, so I used a black ProMarker and as quick as possible added some more embossing powder to each of the buttons, mouth and eyes one at a time.  On another piece of white card I stamped and cut out the hat, bow, scarf and bag and coloured everything in with ProMarkers.  I then went mad with the glitter, using a Zig and Quickie Glue Pens I glittered the icicles, around the white matt, the hat band, bow, scarf, bag and all the white bits on the tag.  I used a navy blue for my base card and used the white ink from the Color Box – Basics set of inks for the snowflakes at the top of the card and used a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the little dots.  I used the blue ink on the edge of the snowman label before attaching everything to the card.

 I have just got my hands on the Color Box Pigment Cat’s Eyes inks and it’s only early days but ‘how have I lived without them’ haha

1 comment:

  1. How cute is she .
    I love my "cats eyes" ink pads really juicy.

    ReplyDelete