Monday, 21 November 2011

Project Club - November 2011 » Lamppost DL «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I found a couple of pieces of red card in my stash, just enough to make this DL card.  I stamped the lamppost using VersaMark ink and embossed with detail white embossing powder but couldn’t think of what to use to colour it in with because I wanted to keep it as light as possible (excuse the pun).  I then remembered that bleach worked very well on this card so I thought I would give it a go.  But the lamp at the top didn’t look right so I cut the glass out and onto a piece of white card using Memento Tuxedo Black I stamped the top part of the lamppost and coloured in with ProMarkers.  I cut this coloured card out and stuck it to the back of the red lamppost panel.  The black ink gives a lead effect on the glass.  I mounted this top panel onto some white/gold pearlescent card but it needed something else.  Using a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen I added dots around the edge.  Using the red card I cut out a shape using a Nestabilities - Labels Ten die. I then stamped and embossed, using VersaMark and detail white embossing powder, the Happy Christmas stamp (Dimension Stamps ref:0301041a).  I matted this shape onto the white/gold pearlescent card adding little white dots around the edge and finishing off the label with a little bleach on the snowflakes.  To complete the card I added Glossy Accents to the lamp glass.


No comments:

Post a Comment