Saturday, 26 November 2011

My 2012 Diary

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

How useful is this set of stamps ‘A Room with a View’ from Dimension Stamps, and having seen some of Rita’s (paperfolder) samples I have even more use for them J  For this diary I wanted to use as many Color Box inks as I could, they have such a wide range of colours in their sets.  So I used a colour to fit the season and tried to use some of the stamps to fit as well.  So I used Color Box Inks embossed with detail clear embossing powder for each of the months and for that months background I used Tattered Angels stencils with Distress Inks and various stamps from other Dimension Stamps sets.  For the trees, I stamped them with Memento – Tuxedo Black and coloured in with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers with patterned paper from my stash for the backgrounds.  I stamped the trees onto a Nestabilities shape then created the matt by drawing around the shape, I also did the same for the tags.  I added a verity of gems to the diary using some that were raised making it easier to turn the pages.  The cover was a bit of chipboard that I cut to size and covered with some brown/gold paper.  I used the Plain Lowercase Alphabet (Dimension Stamps ref: 1801014a) onto some Tim Holtz paper and using the Krystal Tips Alphabet (ref: 2400012a) stamped the word ‘my’ into the ‘d’ and from the new set stamped the ‘2012’ in the ‘i’.  To finish off I used my Cinch (I actually call this my ‘Grinch’ because David bought it for last Christmas J) from We R Memory Keepers to bind it all together.
Because the start of the diary is January and this is the winter season I had to do two winter tree's.  I haven't shown the one from the end of the year as it's nearly the same, just the background paper is different.
The background on the spring and summer tree pages is from my Kanban.

Autumn is my favourite time of the year.
Hope you like them and thanks for looking J

2 comments:

  1. Was a good show today Roy did well .
    think my special days book must have been glued to the table top lol as it never moved . Ah well it's all in the name of art.
    Tomorrow i will make a Diary for a friends Christmas gift using your fabby one as inspiration ( if you dont mind :) )
    and i will get my blog updated too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita, Roy sounds as if he will be taking the same set of stamps next time he's on so your special days book will be on then, I'm sure.

    As if I'd mind, what you like, just glad you like it enough to use it, thanks Reet Petite, lol :)

    You have loads of photo's of the cards you've been making it will take ages to update your blog, but I'm really looking forward to it xx

    ReplyDelete