Tuesday, 1 November 2011

The Luscious Lily - Poinsettia box

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I wanted to show that you didn’t just have to use this new stamp set called ‘The Luscious Lily’ from Dimension Stamps (ref:2400058a) to make lilies, so using the petal/leaf stamp in the set I stamped loads of leaves added the veins with Memento – Tuxedo Black ink, then coloured with ProMarkers.  I cut out a circle of card with a punch to give me a base to work on, I then just built up the poinsettia until I was happy with the size and height of it.  I made a 2cm high box (just so I could put the lily wall hanging in it lol) from some patterned card, adding a bit of Merry Christmas ribbon to the lid.  I used Glossy Accents to stick all the leaves as this dries really fast, and for the middle I just put a bigger dollop of Glossy Accents and added some small gold beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment