Tuesday, 1 November 2011

The Luscious Lily - Lillies

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

Using the new stamp set from Dimension Stamps ‘The Luscious Lily’ ref: 2400058a I made this little wall hanging.  Using Memento – Tuxedo Black I stamped the petals/leaves first then cut them all out, I had six petals and three leaves for each flower.  I then stamped the veins on the leaves and coloured them in with ProMarkers, I then coloured the petals with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers adding the little red dots last as I used a VersaFine ink (this would have smudged if I’d have used it before the ProMarkers).  I sometimes like to cut out before I colour, especially the smaller images, because if there is any little white bits that I’ve missed while cutting out, they can be covered over while colouring instead of going back twice.  For the background plate I Nestabilities labels ten and cut out four pieces of card and glued them together, for the front and back of the plate I had some of the green paper, but before I glued them on I used a dark green ProMarker and coloured all around the edge, so you couldn’t see any white bits.  I used my Crop-A-Dile to make the hole and insert the eyelet.  I added some white ribbon and some gems to finish off.  The picture below shows the wall hanging inside the base part of the box that I'd made for the poinsettia.

No comments:

Post a Comment