Thursday, 3 November 2011

Luscious Lily - Demo Card

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I used the ‘Luscious Lily’ stamp set (Dimension Stamps ref: 2400058a) to make this card.  Starting at the background, I used the largest of the lily stamps and using Memento – Lady Bug ink I randomly stamped around the edge of some white card with second generation ink.  For the shape in the middle I used the Nestabilities – Labels Twenty die, the Lily text stamp and Memento – Bamboo Leaves with second generation ink and stamped to fill the shape.  Onto some white stamping card (I like to use either the Oak House Studio stamping card at 220gsm or the Neenah Solar White card at 216gsm) I stamped the leaf/petal stamp several times, using six petals and three leaves for each flower.  I cut out before I coloured so I could catch all the white edges in one go.  I only did one layer of ProMarker on the leaves as I like the patchy effect it gave.  I coloured the petals in with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers before using VersaFine – Crimson Red for the little dots.  When cutting out the stamen centres I cut three extra ones and cut off the ends so I have a little guide to place the petals then turned the flower over and attached the three leaves.  I double stamped the sentiment and again used the Nesties to cut the shape.  
Thanks for looking J


No comments:

Post a Comment