Monday, 3 October 2011

We saw Santa

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

This is another card using the new stamp set from Dimension Fourth called ‘Santa’s Selection’. I wanted to do a front room scene, so I used my PhotoShop elements software and made the background wallpaper, carpet and skirting board out of several bits and pieces I have. The window is from an SVG file I bought from http://www.svgcuts.com/ and I cut it out on my cutting machine, there is a window front and back, so on the back I stamped Santa riding through the air with his reindeers, this stamp is from the Festive Wonder stamp set from Dimension Fourth ref: 2400009a. I then used a Quickie Glue pen and added some glitter before using silicone glue to add a bit of acetate (glass) and the window front. While the window was drying I stamped the Christmas tree from the Merry and Bright stamp set (Dimension Fourth ref: 2400052a) using Memento – Tuxedo Black, the baubles in Memento – Lady Bug, then coloured in using ProMarkers. Next using the Tuxedo Black, I stamped the children, fairy and the presents (stamping extra presents so I could decoupage them) colouring with ProMarkers. I attached the window, children, tree, fairy, presents and the decoupage presents with silicone glue, just before I glue the children (that sounds bad lol) I cut the little girls arm (that sounds even worse, tut) and placed a present under it, and placing a ball in the little boys hand (don’t say a word). I used a little Merry Christmas stamp for the sentiment and to finish off I used a Quickie Glue pen and glitter on the fairy and Glossy Accents on the baubles.
I'm sure I'll get the hang of taking pictures with shiny things on it at some point lol

1 comment:

  1. Love how you have put the parcel under the girls arm and the ball in the boys hand . didnt notice them first time i saw this card well done love it

    ReplyDelete