Monday, 3 October 2011

Traditional Santa

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped. 

I made this easel card using the new set of stamps called 'Santa's Selection' from Dimension Fourth and will be shown today on Create and Craft. I used white card for the base and gold mirri for the matting. To start, I stamped the holly corner with VersaMark and embossed using gold embossing powder, I also did the text and onto another piece of white card I did the ‘Santa Claus’ text , for the corners I used a Woodware corner punch, then coloured the holly corner with ProMarkers. For the topper I used the Nestabilities circle dies and cut out a white circle, I stamped Santa with Memento – Tuxedo black and coloured with ProMarkers, then matted him onto some gold mirri. I had some green marble effect paper so I cut it up to make the strips, one behind the topper and one for the card base, onto this paper I first used an anti-static bag, then using VersaMark stamped the text background stamp along the strips before embossing with detail gold embossing powder. I then matted the paper text strips and the ‘Santa Claus’ stopper onto the gold mirri. I attached the two strips with double sided tape, the stopper with foam tape and the topper was attached with foam tape at the top and double sided tape at the bottom. Because of the embossed areas my stopper wouldn’t adhere properly so I used some silicone glue on top of the foam tape, I also used some on the underside of the topper, just in case J  To finish off I used a Quickie Glue pen and some iridescent glitter on Santa’s cuff and hat, and a bit of Glossy Accents for his glasses.
Thanks for looking J

No comments:

Post a Comment