Monday, 3 October 2011

Lily

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

This is a card I never actually finished, I did the background quite a while ago, just using some paper and ribbon, so I used the Plain Alphabet (Dimension Fourth ref: 1801012a) and the Floral Swirl set of stamps, again from Dimension Fourth ref: 2400027a to finish it off (love these stamps, I use this kind of stamp often for my backgrounds). I asked my daughter Hanni to give me a name and she said ‘Lily’ it fit perfectly onto this card. Onto a white piece of card I stamped the flourish using Memento – Lilac Posies and Angel Pink, making sure I’d stamped enough to cut out the letters and the sentiment. I then used Distress Ink – Tattered Rose randomly all over the flourishes, making sure it had dried off and using an anti-static bag to dust it dry before stamping the letters using VersaFine – Onyx Black and embossed using clear embossing powder and the same for the happy birthday sentiment. I cut out all the letters and used a scalloped edge cutting blade on my paper trimmer on the top and bottom of the white card for the sentiment, just to tie it in with the card edge. I attached the letters using silicone glue then glazed them with Glossy Accent, BUT, my glossy accents bottle ran out on the ‘Y’ so what to do. I have some flower heads and leaves that I’d dismantled from a display I’d gotten fed up of ages ago, they had plastic backings on them to keep the shape so I just pulled them off, I am now always on the look out for these kind of dried/plastic flower (white or cream) and stem pieces. So I strategically placed a leaf over the ‘Y’ to hide the little air bubbles (tut), I then coloured some of the flower heads with ProMarkers and joined them all together with a brad before attaching to the card with silicone glue. To finish off I used some pale pink pearls on the ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment