Sunday, 9 October 2011

Green leaves

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I used the ‘Swirly Leaves’ stamp from Dimension Stamps (D4th) for this card, and wanted it to be a really lush green.  Onto white card I stamped the leafy flourish using VersaFine – Olympia Green and embossed using detail clear embossing powder, I also stamped and embossed the small ‘Happy birthday’ along the side of the flourish, I had actually stamped a little closer on my scrap but typically it moved a little when I’d stamped onto my main image tut, never mind.  I coloured the leaves with a medium green ProMarker and used a light ProMarker to add a little shading around the edges of the flourishes, I cut out the image leaving a white border and used to lighter ProMarker around the raw edge.  I stamped and embossed onto another piece of white card and used different green ProMarkers on the leaves then cut them out.  For the background I used a piece of textured green card and used the ‘Script’ stamp from Dimension Fourth ref: 0604043a, I used the second generation ink from the Olympia Green ink pad, to give a faded look.  Having a look through my charm box I found the butterfly, (I think I bought them on a holiday in Florida) and some buckles, I really can’t remember where I bought those from.  I used some white for my base card and matted the background onto some green mirri card, I then used some silicone glue to attach the ribbon and the buckle, adding the butterfly with two extra jump rings before sticking the buckle in place.  The cut out flourish was attached using some foam tape but I added some silicone as well to make sure it wasn’t going anywhere J  I used silicone glue to attach the loose leaves and then adding Glossy Accents, I did want the leaves to curl a bit so I didn’t add to much glue (they didn’t curl as much as I wanted).  Once dried I cut the ribbon end off and frayed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment