Monday, 3 October 2011

Baubles

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

Last time Roy from Dimension Fourth was on Create and Craft my ‘Snow people baubles’ card was shown, this prompted Faye (Roy’s daughter) to ask if I would do more baubles for a little tree, well I said ‘yes’, then on the way home it hit me, all that cutting out lol. Hope you like them, and Roy will be on Create and Craft this afternoon at 4pm, so watch out for the little tree J


The poinsettia baubles where made using the ‘Tis the Season stamp set from Dimension fourth ref: 2400037a, the poinsettia actually comes in three pieces, two leafy sections and a centre. For the red and green bauble, I used only the middle and top stamps, showing that you don’t have to use all three layers to make your poinsettia, I stamped two red layers and one green, doing the centre in green as well. I used VersaMark and embossed using detail clear embossing powder onto the coloured card. If you look at your stamped image you will see that the leaves overlap, so for the green layer and one of the red layers I just cut out the full image, for the third layer I cut out all the leaves that where upper most, so once shaped gives height. I hope that makes sense. For the gold and cream poinsettia, I used all three stamps. I used VersaMark and embossed using gold tinsel embossing powder, for this bauble I stamped two of the largest stamps onto cream card, one was left as the full image the other was cut down leaving the upper most leaves. I then stamped two of the middle layers, leaving one image full and cutting out the upper most leaves on the other. For the Snowman I used ‘The Adorable Snowman’ stamp set again from Dimension Fourth ref: 2400051a. I wanted to see what it would look like coloured in with glitter only, so using Memento – Tuxedo Black I stamped and cut out the snowman, then starting with the lightest colour first and using a Quickie Glue Pen I added the glitter. I used StazOn – Ultramarine ink onto acetate so I could keep all the background detail, once the glittered snowman was dry I used silicone glue to attach. All the baubles are front and backs (I did say ‘all that cutting out’ didn't I K), all are stuck onto acetate and all the framed edges have been cut out of scrap foiled card using the Nestabilities circle dies, I also used the Nesties to cut out the acetate. My husband David saw me cutting out all the foil frames and asked if he could do anything to help, so I set him to work on the wire hangers, for each of the baubles he cut and shaped (in the matching colours, I knew those coloured wires would come in handy at some time J) all the hangers so I could silicone them into place. To make up the baubles I used silicone glue on the back of one of the frames, and then stuck down the acetate, leaving to dry off a little before putting more silicone glue, the wire hanger, and then the other frame, so it was all sandwiched together, once dry I attached the centre decoration. I really do hope that lot made sense, it was a bit long winded lol.
These three baubles were made as detailed above, using all three layers for the poinsettia, and it was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with Star Dust embossing powder. The snowman was coloured with ProMarkers. The Ho Ho Ho was using the Plain Alphabet from Dimension Fourth ref: 1801012a, I just used the ‘H’ with VersaFine – Onyx Black and clear embossing powder, the ‘o’s’ are card candies and one white button with some bakers twine. Again all three baubles are front and backs.
I used all three layers for the poinsettia instead of the two as above, and the other two glittery snowmen. It’s a bit awkward photographing shiny things lol.
For the last three I wanted the see what the poinsettia would look like using some coloured embossing powder, so I just did a small one using only the middle stamp and the centre onto white card. The snowmen are coloured with ProMarkers.

Thanks for looking J




No comments:

Post a Comment