Sunday, 9 October 2011

Autumn leaves

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I love this new ‘Swirly Leaves’ stamp from Dimension Stamps (D4th) and because Autumn is my favourite time of the year I thought I’d do a card just so I could use the browns.  I used ivory for my base card, and some brown/gold paper for the matting.  I stamped the leaf flourish all over the base card using Memento – Desert Sand.  Then onto another two pieces of ivory card I stamped the flourishes using Memento – Rich Cocoa then stamped again using the Desert Sand, just off setting the stamp to form a bit of a shadow, I then coloured the shadow flourish with a Desert Sand Memento pen just on the leaves.  I coloured the Rich Cocoa flourish with ProMarkers, then once dry I used a Glaze pen on the brown leaves only.  Once the glaze had dried off I matted one of the images onto some brown/gold paper and ripped all around the edges.  The other stamped image was cut up to make the side panels, again matted onto the brown/gold paper and torn around the edges.  I cut out the leftover leaves to add to the card in the bottom left hand corner and some in the middle of the ‘Happy Birthday’ circle, this stamp is from the ‘Paper Garden’ stamp set (Dimension Fourth ref: 2400045a) and I used the Rich Cocoa ink, cut out the middle and matted onto the brown/gold card and again ripped the around the edge, adding a few leaves just tucked under the centre.  I attached the leaves, circle and panels with silicone glue.  My mother-in-law visited me as I was putting this card together and just happened to mention she’d got some ribbon I could use.  The middle organza bit of the ribbon was 2cm wide so it wouldn’t fit along the bottom of the card so I cut it down the middle and stuck it on either side of the centre image.  Thanks Shirley J
Thanks for looking J

1 comment:

  1. I love this Jackie, it's stunning, fab colour choice. Jo x

    ReplyDelete