Friday, 16 September 2011

Traditional Tree

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

I have used the new stamp set from Dimension Fourth (ref: 240052a) and the tree comes in three layers. One is the tree itself, another the baubles and the last layer is the tinsel. I wanted to make a traditional tree card, it nearly started off as a completely different colour (maybe next time lol) but I resisted the urge. I used a dark green for my base card, some red card and some gold mirri card for the matting and layering. I stamped the first part of the tree onto some ivory card using Memento – Bamboo Leaves, then the bauble layer I stamped using Memento – Lady Bug, I then coloured everything in with ProMarkers. Next I stamped the base, using the smallest of the stars on the base, and the angel on the tree using Memento – Rich Cocoa, and then coloured those with ProMarkers. I lightly inked underneath the tree with Distress Ink – Scattered Straw to add a little shading, and I used the stars on the background, stamping with VersaMark and embossing with clear embossing powder, just so they would catch the light. I then used the tinsel stamp with VersaMark and embossed using some gold tinsel embossing powder, I used a VersaMark pen on the fairly dust and added the gold tinsel as well. I used a glaze pen on the baubles and used my inverted corner punch before matting and layering, to finish off added some gold gems to the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment