Friday, 16 September 2011

Snow people baubles

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

For this card I used the holly flourish from the ‘All I want for Christmas’ (Dimension Fourth ref: 2400006a) stamp set and the snow people are from ‘The Adorable Snowmen’ (Dimension Fourth ref: 2400051a) stamp set. I stamped the holly flourish onto white card with Memento – Tuxedo Black and coloured with ProMarkers, I cut it out leaving a white border around the edge and matted it onto rainbow mirri card, then cut around it again. I punched three holes into the flourish so I could thread the baker’s twine through it. Onto acetate I stamped the three snow people using StazOn – Ultramarine, I then cut them out using the Nestabilities circle dies, I also used the circle dies to cut out the rainbow mirri frames, one for the front and another for the back of each of the baubles. Using white card I stamped the snow people with Memento – Tuxedo Black and coloured them in using ProMarkers, then cut them out. I sandwiched the acetate between the frames using silicone glue. I used the silicone glue to stick the snow people on the front and back, and to stick the baker’s twine bow in place. While this was drying I made up the white base card, and I used the rainbow mirri for the matt. Using a piece of white card for the background I used my Cuttlebug and the Swiss Dots folder over the whole piece of card, I used an inverted corner punch on each of the corners. Then using a Quickie Glue pen added some glitter to each of the dots, the flourish that winds through the holly, and each of the snow people’s hats etc. To finish off I used some red gems in each of the corners and one at each end of the flourish.

3 comments:

  1. Just seen your card on C&C with Roy - Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is just stunning Jackie! Just seen the card on Create and Card and was stunned to see such an amazing card! Gorgeous!
    Take care
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, this card just sort of happened, in my head it was to be something completely different :) x

    ReplyDelete